[ About ]
Rising Sun, Indiana
Purchased in 1990 by the Verdin family, the eight story PAC warehouse now houses more than 200 artist of various mediums. PAC also includes adjacent buildings including the 510 Gallery Studios, Café Studios, and Annex Building Studios.
Known for monthly open studio walks called “Final Fridays,” guests can see hundreds of artist studios and buy work directly from artists during these events.
The Pendleton Art Center’s 2nd location is in Middletown OH on Central Ave downtown. In the 1930s the original mid 1800’s Jacoby Building was demolished and a new structure was built housing the Joy Shop. The Joy Shop operated there until 1953 when the John Ross Store moved into the building and several store fronts were combined into one.
By 1964 the Mabley & Carew Company from Cincinnati had purchased the building and opened a large department store that operated until the City Centre Mall was constructed and opened in 1974. At that time Armco Steel Corporation took over ownership of the building and remodeled the interior into offices.